- Real Property Law
- Immigration Law
- Domestication of Foreign Judgements in Brazil
- Atlanta's John Marshall Law School, Juris Doctor, 2014
- Southern Polytechnic State University, Science in Civil Engineering Technology, 2007
- UDF Centro Universitario, Law School, Brazil, 1996
Organizations & Affiliations
- The Florida State Bar Association (Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section)
- Brazilian State Bar - OAB/DF
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA)
- Southern District of Florida General Bar
Attorney Jania Braswell is a native of Brazil. Raised in Brasilia, she practiced law there until she moved to the United States in 2000.
In Brazil, Braswell worked as a legal consultant for SEBRAE/DF, a company which advises small businesses in areas related to tax, business formations, labor law, and contract drafting. She also worked as a legal analyst attorney for the Brazilian Attorney’s General Office (in areas related to civil, constitutional, anti-trust, and consumer law) as well as a solo legal practitioner (in civil litigation, employment law, and family law).
In the United States, Braswell worked for seven years as a roadway design engineer and a bridge design engineer while attending law school. Braswell then practiced immigration law in Georgia until she moved to South Florida.
Braswell continues to practice immigration law through her own practice. In 2015, she joined Rothman and Tobin to help clients with their real estate needs.
A passionate, honest, personable, and knowledgeable attorney, Braswell often goes out of her way to make herself available to her clients. A multilingual attorney, Braswell is fluent in English and Portuguese and conversant in Spanish and French.
Braswell lives in South Florida with her family, and she is an avid volunteer with her church ministry.